VIS is authorized by the College Board to provide AP (Advanced Placement) courses. The following article is from the official College Board website.
VIS 為美國大學理事會(College Board)正式認證學校,經授權可開授AP課程。以下文章出自於美國大學理事會 College Board 官網,提供中文翻譯給學生家長參考。
Original source 原文出處:
College: What It’s All About and Why It Matters
認識讀大學的重要性,相信海外留學的決定
You might think that college is just high school continued, but it’s not. College opens doors for you that high school doesn’t. And college can change you and shape you in ways that you might not imagine.
你或許覺得,大學不過就只是高中的延續。但其實不是。大學為你開啟的道路,是高中無法做到的,大學會改變你、用你想像不到的方式重新塑造你這個人。
Unlock Opportunities
留學海外、開啟多重機會
Thanks to all the knowledge, skills and experience you’ll gain in college, you’ll be able to adapt to a greater variety of jobs and careers. Statistics show that a college diploma can help you:
留學海外大學,你將學習到的知識、技能和經驗,將會幫助你轉換到多種不同的工作與職涯上。根據統計,大學學歷可以有以下幫助:
- Get a job
找到工作 - Keep a job
保有工作 - Make more money
薪水更高
Become More Independent
變得更加獨立自主
College work will challenge and inspire you. In college, you will: 大學的課業和生活對你來說會是挑戰、也是啟發。你會有以下收穫:
- Explore subjects in greater depth than you did in high school 比起高中、更能深入探索學科
- Choose your own courses and class schedule 自己選擇課程並安排課表
- Decide which extracurricular activities you’ll focus on — and how much time you’ll give them 決定想要專注的課外活動,並決定安排多少時間在這上面
College helps students develop into mature, responsible and independent adults. But you’re not entirely on your own: colleges offer students many kinds of help making this transition, such as tutoring and academic advising as well as counseling and other support.
大學可以幫助學生發展自我,成為成熟、負責、獨立的大人。但是你在這轉變過程中不會是孤獨的:學校會有各種安排,幫助你從高中轉換到大學,例如個人家教和學術指導、也有諮商和其他支援。
Explore Your Options
探索各種選擇
One of the great things about being able to choose your own courses is that you get the opportunity to explore. You can try classes in a lot of different subjects, or you can dive right into a favorite subject. You may choose to begin training for a career right away. Or you may pick a major after taking some time to check out your options. Colleges offer classes and majors in subjects you’ve studied in high school — plus many more that you haven’t.
可以自選課程的好處之一,就是你有很多探索機會。你可以試試許多不同科目的各種課程,或是直接投入你最喜歡的科目裡。也可以開始為你想要選擇的職涯,規劃訓練課程。你也可以花點時間研究各種不同的選項,再開始選擇主修科目。大學開設的課程包括了許多你在高中就學過的科目,也有更多是你從未接觸過的。
Explore Outside the Classroom
走出教室
College is about much more than just course work. A campus is its own world, and students have the chance to experience a wide range of activities. For example, college students may be able to:
大學的學習不只在課堂上,整個校園就是一個小社會,學生在裡面可以體驗各種活動:
- Publish newspapers
出版報紙 - Create TV and radio broadcasts
製作電視電台播放節目 - Run their own government
學生自治團體 - Stage performances
舞台表演 - Play sports
運動賽事 - Volunteer to improve their communities
社區志工
The list goes on. And you don’t have to live on campus to experience campus life.
還有更多無法詳盡列出的活動,而要體驗大學生活,也不見得要住校。
Invest in Yourself
投資自己
As you take on college work and participate in college life, you’ll encounter new ideas and challenges. Along the way, you’ll:
上了大學開始了大學生活,你會體驗新的想法和挑戰,一路上你會經歷:
- Build knowledge, skills and brainpower
建構知識、技能和思考力 - Discover new passions
找到全新的愛好 - Follow and satisfy your curiosity
追求並滿足好奇心 - Learn more about yourself
更了解自己 - Bond with new friends
交到新朋友 - Prepare for a future in which you’re better equipped to give back
準備在未來貢獻所學
Whatever your destination, college can help you get there — even if you don’t know where “there” is yet. Whether you’ve mapped out a long-term plan or you see new possibilities every day, college can help you become your future self.
不管你將來的目標在哪,讀大學、留學海外都可以幫助你達成,就算你對於真正的墓表也還不清楚,不管你已經訂出了長程目標或只想要每天體驗不同的可能性,大學都可以幫助你成為未來的自己。
Original source 原文出處:
If you would like to discuss college options further, please make an appointment with our college counselor Ms. Rosalyn Shih ( collegecounseling@vis.tp.edu.tw) to find out more.
如果VIS同學們想進一步討論如何選擇海外的大學,請與VIS的升學顧問 Miss Rosalyn Shih ( collegecounseling@vis.tp.edu.tw ) 預約晤談以